Wednesday, April 1, 2015

¡Hola Mi Familia y Amigos!

    This week was so great! I was pretty clumsy sometimes, but all is well! One day we were a bit late in getting home after a coordination meeting and had to run home. As we got off the metro I started running up the escalators, but was not very graceful and fell.  Now I have a mark on my shin that looks like a snake bit me. We don´t have to wear tights now either so I don´t have anything to cover it up. Oh well. My companion thought it was hilarious because she had fallen right before me and I had laughed at her. There is no mercy in our companionship. We have so much fun together. 
     We have been starting to do roleplays with the ward members whenever we visit them, so that they can see how easy it is to explain the gospel. We also do a lot of contacting with the members and they have really been a great blessing for us to have. One night we were in a rush to get to our other visit and so we left running as the member we had with us stayed and visited a little while longer with our investigator. How cool! We have to do a lot of running in this mission. Can you imagine what it would be like to see four girls running to a bus on Sundays in skirts? That´s a normal accurance here in Barcelona. 
     Our district meetings are interesting. This week our district leader was teaching about following the prophet and as we were singing that song, he came in the room dressed up as Moses. It was so funny. Our district is becoming a lot more united which is so awesome!
     On Friday I was with the other new Hermana and we were doing contacting in the street and knocking doors when out of nowhere a man walked up to us asking if we needed directions. He was a weird looking man with a beard and mustache, but we took it as an opportunity to share our message. He told us his name was Michael but to call him Mike Wasowsky, and after we had prayed with him and gotten his contact information, he mooned walked away from us. 
    We have one investigator with a baptismal date on the 18th of April. We had met her in the street after having talked with a lot of people who were not interested at all. She asked a funny question about having to wear a skirt to church because she doesn´t have one. I was surprised that that was her only question that she had for us.She is doing great and the members are really becoming her friends.
    Another person we met in the street, we are teaching her as well and she has said that she received an answer to her pray and has been listening to the book of Mormon on her phone, and she is now giving up going on vacation so that she can come watch conference with us. I really hope that she comes!
    Oh, so dad´s cinnamon rolls are amazing and everyone keeps asking if I can make them some. The Elders especially love them. I made them today and the Elders were super pumped.
   We had a lot of meetings this week and I have learned a lot of how I can help to improve my area that I am in. 

I love the gospel!

Hermana Schmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment