Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hola Everyone!
     Well we are starting to see some success for our labors. We still
are having a hard time finding people to teach but are keeping a
positive attitude, and enjoying talking with many people and teaching
our investigators that have not disappeared on us. We also have grown
to have a love for the widows in our wards who do not receive many
visits. Our new ward mission leader is actually helping us with ideas
of how to help the ward members build their faith so that we can work
together on the work of the Lord.
     I love to scare my companions at least once while I am with them,
and this week I still had yet to scare Hermana Jorgensen. One night,
while we were sleeping, I heard her get up to go to the bathroom. That
gave me about 2 minutes to get in a good hiding position. At first I
got in her bed so that whenever she tried laying down there would be a
person there, but then I thought she might punch me. So, I crawled all
the way underneath her bed so that I could grab her ancle. That would
have really been scary and I'm not that cruel. I finally decided to
just crouch down beside her bed so that whenever she came around the
corner I could scare her. She screamed pretty loudly. I hope our
neighbors weren't woken up. I had a good laugh though.
         We arrived early to a lesson and we were just going to talk
with people in the street while waiting, but I told my companion that
we should see if our investigator was at home. It was a good thing we
did because our investigator was just on her way out when we rung the
doorbell. We were able to have a short lesson in her doorway and set
up a return visit. She started asking us questions and seemed really
interested. I'm excited to see her again this week.
   (By the way, transfer calls are this week and I might be going. Any
guesses to where I will be sent?)
        My companion had her 20th birthday this week and so I woke up
early to make her French toast, and had a whole day of visits set up
with members and investigators to wish her happy birthday.
         One of our investigators is a lady from here in Santander, but
because of bad experiences with other religions she has decided to not
talk about God. She won't let us teach her but she loves to teach us
how to cook. So we go over to house and she teaches us. Lately she has
been asking more questions about our religion, and we have been able
to teach her some basic principles. She is such an amazing woman, and
I love visiting her. I think that her heart is already softening.
        My friend, Alba, taught us a traditional dance of the area we
are in. We were going to do it for the talent night, but sadly there
was not enough time to practice. She also ended up bringing a flower
arrangement to the church. She works doing that kind of stuff, and
flowers during All Saints Day is very common. She also gave my
companion and I a bouquet of flowers for our apartment.
            We had a talent night with the ward, and so I was able to
play my cello! All for of us missionaries also did a skit of Alma the
Younger and the sons of Mosiah, but in modern day. The members loved
it. Not too many people participated. I think they were too timid to
get up in front of everyone. I guess as missionaries we just have to
get over that timidness. I normally don't sing in front of people, but
now I don't really care if my voice is bad, I still sing. 😋
  My Ponderize scripture for this week is in 1 Corinthians 10:13
"There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but
God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye
are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that
ye may be able to bear it."
     God is always willing to help us, but sometimes he stretches us
as well. We will always be able to do what he has asked of us as we
act with faith and are obedient to His commandments. By stretching us
he is helping us to progress, and helping our weaknesses become
strengths.

I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week!

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España

No comments:

Post a Comment