Sunday, November 15, 2015

Hola Everyone!
   Transfers have come and gone, and I have the blessing of staying in Santander for another four weeks!!! I'm thinking I may only have three areas my whole mission. 1 for every 6 months. How cool would that be?
     It has been so warm these past couple days. I thought it was supposed to get cold up north. We've been walking around in short sleeves and I was loving it. Then all the sudden it decided to change on us and is now soooo cold! 
     They have the cutest little trains in the sidewalks that are actually where they roast the chestnuts. I didn't realize that was actually a real thing, but that it just made a nice Christmas song... Apparently they help to keep you warm. I will have to try them out.
     We are already starting to decorate for Christmas here in Spain seeing as there is no Thanksgiving. My companion and I have decided to be Americans still and celebrate the wonderful day of thanksgiving by making hand turkeys out of paper and giving them to the members with a list of reasons why we are grateful for them. 
      Our recent convert, Cesar had a birthday, and knowing that he loves to cook I bought him an oven mitt that looked like a platypus and gave and made a recipe book as well. He loved it! 
     On Saturday, we visited another recent convert, who is 10 years old, with her family. Her mom cooks amazing Peruvian food, and this time we had fried rice with some meat. She had put some ginger into the rice, but I didn't realize what it was and stuck the whole chunk in my mouth. That was the most awful feeling ever! My mouth was on fire and my tongue was tingling. I want so badly to spit it out, but didn't want to be disrespectful either. I eventually swallowed it all and drank a big glass of juice. I made sure to pick out the ginger chunks after that. 
    I would like to thank all who have been so good to my family this past week. I know that it has very much appreciated. 
      Elder Dallin H. Oaks taught about Christ and his atoning sacrifice. He said, “Having ‘descended below all things,’ He comprehends, perfectly and personally, the full range of human suffering.” We might even say that having descended beneath it all, He is perfectly positioned to lift us and give us the strength we need to endure our afflictions. We have only to ask."
  I know that our Savior knows exactly how we feel, and we can receive comfort through our trials as we ask. I love you all and hope you all have a great week.

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España 















No comments:

Post a Comment