Sunday, November 29, 2015

¡Buenos Días!
     We have a completely different district then whenever I first arrived in Santander. I have literally seen missionaries come and go, and I have stayed. I love it though! I am so blessed to see the beginning and baptism of my converts! Alba has committed to be baptized on December 5th. We are going to be helping her this week and next week to move her stuff into her new house. She is so excited to be baptized finally.
     My birthday was this week. I'm no longer a teenager! My companion made me breakfast and gave me a cup with cows on it. I love the milk here and have a fascination with cows and she finds that funny. The whole day members were calling me to sing happy birthday. I received an orange from one member when I had to pass by the church. Another member gave me mittens that she had made, Cesar and Carolina took my companion and I to Pizza Hut and we also had cake. My companion is pretty strong. The tradition in Spain is to take a bite of the cake before you cut it, and so that is what I did, but my companion pushed my head so that the frosting was covering my face and some of the cake went up my nose. Everyone had a good laugh.
       On Sunday, the elders (who have amazing musical talents) did a duet. One played the piano and one sang. The members were in awe afterwards. After the meeting, the bishop came up tours and said that since the elders sang this week the sister missionaries needed to do something the next week. What?! I'm not allowed to play the cello during sacrament meeting so I can't use the only musical talent which I have! This should be an interesting Sunday. 
        In English class this week we asked a simple question to all of the participants. The question we asked was, "What is your favorite food?" One man answered, "my favorite food is children..."
"Children! Niños?"
"Oh no, pollo!"
"Chicken.."
That made a lot more sense. We were a little worried for a second. 
     This week was full of funny/interesting things. We are finding more people to teach. The members are helping us more and we are having so much fun. There are so many things to be grateful for in life, but having the gospel in my life has probably been the greatest blessing of all. I was reading in Luke 17:11-19 and remembered that we should always be thanking God for all the blessings in our lives. It helps us to be more happy. The plan the God has for us is the Plan of Happiness. He has given us everything that we need to be able to be happy in this life. I know that he loves us and that he is always watching over us. 

I love you all!

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España 





No comments:

Post a Comment