Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hola Everyone!

   Well this week has been a week of miracles! We have an investigator that has been having the missionary discussions since before I came here. He is awesome, but when the missionaries before me tried to set a baptismal date he said he needed more time, and he wouldn´t come to church because he didn´t know anyone. At our lessons with him this week we made sure to have a member of the ward come with us, and we recommitted him to be baptized. We brought with us a little calendar so that he could set the date and be prepared by then. He chose the 21st of this month, and we are so excited for him! He also came with us to church this week which was a miracle! I believe it had something to do with us having a member with us at our lesson. 
   We also taught a mother and her two daughters. It was our first lesson with them, and of course we invited them to be baptized as well. They didn´t say yes, but guess what! They came to church! In total this week we had 4 investigators with us at church, and they were all people that we had a member with us during the lessons. Members bring miracles in missionary work. Also, you know how fast and testimony meeting can be a bit strange... well thankfully this one wasn´t. People bore testimony of their conversion to the gospel and kept them short and sweet. The little children also bore their testimonies, and there was one kid who had just been baptized the week before and he bore testimony about how he felt afterwards. It was perfect! 
  So, yesterday was February 1st. I wore orange. :) There is a scripture in D&C somewhere that says that angels will be round about you to bear you up. I know that TJ and Porter are working right along side Ricci and I in missionary work. 
   ¡Madre Mia! My español is...well... it´s something, but it´s not español that´s for sure. I have to laugh at myself though because I´m trying my best haha. One day we were going to an appointment and a member was coming with. Our appointment ended up cancelling on us last minute so we were going to contact in the street for a little while on the way back to the member´s apartment. The member was saying something, but I couldn´t understand and I was just contacting and was all happy, but when I looked at my companion she seemed depressed which is weird because she usually has so much energy. I guess the member was being rude and telling us that we don´t plan well and that we need to be doing better. Oh well, maybe we do. But, that night we just laughed about it, and said that there are probably some days where it is better that we don´t really know Spanish because we don´t have to understand the rude things people say to us. 
   I love you all soooooooooo much!!!!!

Hermana Schmidt


No comments:

Post a Comment