Monday, February 16, 2015

¡Hola Everyone!

    Being a missionary is such an amazing experience! I see miracles everyday. You definitely don´t have to be a missionary to see these miracles, but being able to be an instrument in the Lord´s hand is amazing thing. 
   So, a couple of weeks ago my companion and I were walking to the metro, and waiting for the light to turn green to walk across the street. There was a lady standing next to me with her twins in a stroller. I love babies, so I started a conversation with her. She was super sweet! Sadly I didn´t give her anything, and I felt awful! Then, a couple days later I saw her again walking the opposite way then my companion and I in the sidewalk. I didn´t stop and say hi to her. Again, I felt awful. I should be able to at least say hi to someone! I don´t know why I felt so bad about it, but to me every person matters. I promised that if I ever saw her again I would talk to her. Well, a couple days later my companion and I were walking and talking when out of the corner of my eye I say this lady and her twins. My companion and I had almost already passed her, but I turned and said "Hola!" I told her how we had met before in the metro. She lives near us, and again was super nice. My companion and I always have little pass along cards with our information on it, so I asked if I could give her one. She said she wasn´t really interested in the church, but she took the card. We ended our conversation as friends though. I think the best thing is that we now have that foundation of friendship with her. Maybe she isn´t ready now, but I believe one day she will be. 
    The members are great! There is one lady who I just adore. Her name is Norma. She is in the other Sister missionaries ward, but we have gotten to know her from different activities. Anytime the Sisters need her for an appointment with an investigator, she is always prepared to go. Even if it is last minute, and she is excited about it! We have people like that in our ward as well, and I absolutely love them! 
   On Valentine´s Day we had an appointment, and the Bishop and his wife came with us. At first our investigator wasn´t there, but her roommate was. We got her roommates number, but she said she was busy at the moment and couldn´t visit us. Then, as we were leaving, we ran into our investigator. Miracle! We ended up teaching both her and her roommate! 
   One time my companion and I were going to the metro, and in order to get through the gates you obviously need to use your card. Well, I guess we were to caught up in conversation because we both almost ran into the gate before we noticed that we hadn´t used our ticket. Blonde moment for us! 
   There were many many miracles this week! It was amazing. I have decided to only study scriptures in Spanish. I´m surprised at how much I´m understanding. The gift of tongues is real! Not that I can speak well, but I´m understanding a lot better. Sometimes I will find myself thinking to myself in Spanish. Weird, but awesome at the same time. 
   Hope all is going well for you all!

Hermana Schmidt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment