Thursday, February 12, 2015

¡Hola Everyone!

   This week was amazing! We have some awesome people who are just ready to hear about the Gospel! One of our investigators is a person that we met one night in the street. We were finishing the day and going back to our apartment, but still had a couple of minutes left before we could go in, so we contacted in the street. I went up to a man and said what we usually do ¨desulpe! Podemos regalarle una tarjeta?¨ He was super receptive and we got his number. We had tried calling him the next day, but he said he was sick. Then the following night we saw him in the street, and I recognized him immediatly and went up to him and said hi. He remembered us! We´ve had a couple of lessons with him, and he really wants to follow God and be better. I´m so excited for him. It just testifies to me that if we work until the very last minute, we are going to see miracles.
   We always invite people to be baptized in the first or second lesson. I thought that would be hard, but it just makes sense to do that, because that is what we are here to do. Everyone needs to be baptized in order to enjoy the full blessings of the atonement in their lives. 
  I love to see the little miracles that there are each day. My companion and I are making a tree of miracles out of sticky notes in our study room. There is a scripture in the first couple chapters of Nephi somewhere that Nephi states that he will show us that the tender mercies of the Lord are among all those who keep His commandments. IT IS SO TRUE! As we are obedient to ALL of the Lord´s commandments we will be able to see his tender mercies in our life each day. We just need eyes that see, ears that hear, and a heart that feels. I love this gospel so much! It brings so much happiness into our lives and the lives of those around us through our example. Smiling is also just a great way to turn a not so good day into a great day. The primary song is true!
  One day this week my companion was not feeling well, so returned to piso early and worked on updating our records when all of the sudden we heard loud crash. My companion and I slowly got up and started to search out piso to see what or who could of made that. I grabbed an umbrella that was close by, and that just made my companion laugh. I wanted to be prepared though! Everytime she would open a door I would try not to freak out, and that made her laugh even harder. We turned a corner and I thought I saw someone´s shadow and I may have let out a squeek and then I realized it was mine. My companion was dying from laughter by this time. Everything was good though. It was just some copies of the Book of Mormon that fell. 
   Happy Birthday Cody!

I love you all sooo much!

Hermana Schmidt



No comments:

Post a Comment