Sunday, January 24, 2016

  This week seems to have a common theme to it. We seemed to run into
a lot of Jehovah Witnesses or they ran into us. I was on a
companionship exchange with the Sister Training Leader and during our
companionship study we heard our doorbell ring. We run to the door,
look through the peephole, and see that there are some Jehovah
Witnesses standing there. Opening up the door, we greet them and
listen to what they have to say. We let them know them know that we
were missionaries for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
or in other words "Mormons." They were a little taken aback, but we
shared with them just a short message about the plan that God has for
us and gave them a pamphlet. They took it and went on there way.
   Later on in the week, my companion and I were knocking doors and a
cute little old lady opened the door and let us in. We were so excited
that someone was actually letting us come inside. We started to get to
know her and what she believed, and tried to share with her our
message, but she kept cutting us off saying that only 144,000 people
would be saved and other strange things that did not make sense. We
bore our testimonies of what we knew to be true, but we felt like we
needed to leave. Just as we were about to leave the little old lady
tried to give us a pamphlet that was of the Jehovah Witness. We
politely declined the offer.
  On a long bus ride, my companion and I decide to split up. I sat in
a four man area facing backwards were I could see my companion in he
next row. The people in front of me thought I couldn't speak Spanish
and started talking about how we must be JWs. I wanted to laugh, but
sat quietly for a moment and watched as my companion seemed to be on a
dating show. One person after another sat down next to her and she
would start talking to them. When they left another person would come.
It was fun to see the people reacting in different ways. I began to
speak with the people in front of me. I asked where they were from and
they were shocked that I could speak their language. We had a really
good conversation about the church and I was able to get their number
and address to visit them!
     We played soccer on Saturday morning with the members and my
soccer skills have not improved. I almost made a goal.....for the
other team... The ball was coming my way and it was just high enough
that I could hit it with my head, but it went in the opposite
direction that I wanted.
     We have an investigator from Argentina that has met with
missionaries before but has a misunderstanding of what the church is
and our beliefs. We were a bit unsure of what we were going to teach
her, but when we got there it seemed as if we were able to be
instruments in God's hands. She had us learn some tricks with making
food and we started getting to know her better. She talked about
deaths that had happened in her family and my companion and I felt
impressed to teach her about the Plan of Salvation. As the lesson went
on her countenance changed and she became more accepting of these
thrushes. I love it when the spirit is the teacher!
     I hope you all have a fantastic week full of miracles and can be
instruments in God's hands to magnify your callings.

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España



No comments:

Post a Comment