Monday, July 13, 2015

Hey everyone!
    My first week in Santander has been absolutely amazing. I hope
that I stay here for I long time. Our ward members love the
missionaries and help us feel right at home, a new church is being
built, we are finding many people to teach, and the weather is
perfect. This area has so much potential and hope that I can be an
instrument in the hands on God to help in this great work.
   Our ward has a mini MTC every Sunday. Yesterday all of the youth
came and we had an object lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Afterwards we separated into companionships and the youth had to teach
us. I was put with two young 13 year old girls and it was so cute to
see them trying to teach the lesson. It's cool to see them learning
how to teach and realizing that we may know the gospel, but we
understand it better as we share it.
   We had lunch with some members and the wife told me that I looked
like Jennifer Lawrence. I am now known as Hermana Katniss. During the
object lesson in the Mini MTC I was the Holy Ghost because I am the
whitest person here. I think it is hilarious how white I am so I laugh
right along with them. We get along really well.
   We have fantastic investigators. One of the investigators of the
elders is being baptized next week and she introduced her cousin to
us. We are now teaching her cousin and are hoping that she will have
that same desire to be baptized. We also have found many more people
to teach and have our schedules filled with appointments.
   My companion is like a little mom. She is always cooking things for
the members and teaching me her recipes. She teaches me words in the
accent of where she lives now in the south of Spain. She laughs every
time I use that accent to talk.
   I was reading a talk given by Thomas S. Monson entitled ' Finding
Joy in the Journey.' He says,"Let us relish life as we live it, find
joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One
day each of us will run out of tomorrows"
   I'm grateful for a Prophet who leads and guides us today. I know
that Thomas S. Monson has been called of God. I know that he receives
revelation to guide us so that we may be able to overcome the evils of
the world and enjoy our wonderful journey of mortality.
  I hope all is well and that you are doing all you can to strengthen
your testimonies. I love you all. :)Hermana Schmidt






No comments:

Post a Comment