Monday, March 16, 2015

¡Hola Mis Amigo y Familia!

    This week we had a member of the 70 come and speak to us. His name is Elder Olsen and he is from Sweden. He and his wife were adorable and they definitely were guided by the spirit as they spoke. They talked a ton about working with the members. This is the way the Lord wants to be doing the work, and it is the way that the work is hastening. One Elder made it pretty simple. He said that "missionaries and members working together is like a train that is already moving forward, but we are the ones who decide if we are going to jump onboard or not." We all know that if the Lord wants something done, He will do it. I´m learning a lot on how I can work more with the members. 
   My companion was also Very sick this week. One night we decided that we needed to go back to piso early because she could barely even walk. We called the missionary couple that is over all of the health. She told us to go to the hospital and she would set up an appointment. So Hermana Dorgia and I were off again even though she was struggling. Hermana Dorgia is so good and even whenever she is sick she is happy. We got to the emergency room and at first they sent us to where women are giving labor. That wasn´t right. So, we went back and they fixed it. While we were waiting our turn for about 40 minutes we studied scriptures, and at one point my companion turned to me and asked if her skin looked yellow. The weird thing was that only one half of her was yellow and the other half was fine. I started to joke around with her later asking if I had yellow skin as well. Turns our my skin is just pale. 
  So obviously I still don´t understand everything that is being said during lessons, but thankfully my companion does. One time we were walking to a visit and my companion said that we should buy strawberriesand go and visit and member because they were sick. I was just wondering how she knew that this member was sick. Personal revelation? When I told her this she just started to crack up laughing. Apparently the member had told us that she was sick and I just didn´t understand. Now everytime something amazing happens because of a decision that Hermana Dorgia makes we joke and say it is because she receives revalation. The other night we were walking home and she decided that we should take a different route than normal and we ended up bumping into one of our investigators. Revalation! Could be, but also I know that if we are just being obedient we will be guided and we may not even realize it. God will put people in our path. 
  One day we were walking to a visit, and earlier that day it had been hot so my companion and another Hermana put their coats in piso, but I decided to keep mine, and then it all of the sudden started to hail as we got out of the metro. I offered my coat to my companion but she wouldn´t take it. It was freezing, but we were having fun. 
  Today one of the Hermanas in my piso had a birthday so we got up early to decorate and make a cake for her. Then we were all surprised when Archi, an old phillipino man who always hangs out with the missionary, called us and said that he had prepared lunch for us. The food was great, but I said no to the seconds. That didn´t matter and Archie still gave me more food. He wrote a song and almost all of the missionaries in our mission know it. It is called "Amigos para siempre." Everytime we see him he has us sing it. We also rode bikes on the sidewalk along the beach. It was gorgeous. My camera stopped working so I didn´t get to take any pictures of it.
  I love the work. I know that our Redeemer, Jesus Christ, lives. I Know that through His atonement we can live with our Father in Heaven again. I know that the Priesthood power has been restored and that we can be with our families for eternity. I love this gospel.

Hermana Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment