Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Hola Everyone!

 So talk about an interesting week. Some things never change. For instance yesterday I was with Hermana Thorpe on splits and we had to do our informe for coordination meeting. We went to the locutorio and were filling out the information and, of course, I had the phone out to put in the telephone numbers. That night my companion asked where the phone was, and I searched everywhere, but could not find it. Turns out I left it in the Locutorio. That´s so like me to do! We did get it back today though. Miracle! 
  Missionary work is fun and sometimes we just need to embrace the awkward moments that happen. One day my companion and I were doing our pass by plan, and while we were waiting to cross a street, I turned to the old man beside me and started to talk to him. He was carrying groceries in both hands, so obviously when I asked him if we could hand him a card, he declined. And then, being the socially awkward person I am, said that I could put the card in one of the bags. What was I thinking?! I don´t know, but at first this man did not want anything to do with us, but we just kept talking to him, and he didn´t really have a choice but to listen to us because we were walking in the same direction. He was very friendly by the end, and took a card. We also know where he lives so we will be visiting him soon. :) 
   Yesterday should have been Preparation day, but since transfers are this week we have P-day today. Yesterday was really cool though because I had been thinking of how my companion and I can be working better as a companionship. The thought came to mind that I should stop doubting my insights or opinions and instead voice them. So yesterday that is exactly what I did. I felt that we needed to knock the doors of our apartment building. My companion agreed, and the first door we knocked a man from Chile opened and we taught him the Restoration right there on the doorstep, and he wants us to teach him and his girlfriend! We have a visit planned with him on Thursday!
   My companion was sick again this week, and she expressed to me that she wanted a priesthood blessing, but was scared to call the Elders. She asked if I could call them, so I did. After I got off the phone with them I realized how messy our apartment was, and started to hurry and clean up. This got me thinking though. If I feel awkward having guests over in our messy  apartment, shouldn´t I always strive to have the apartment clean because in a way isn´t the Holy Ghost is a guest as well? Thanks mom for always keeping our house clean! :)
   I was with Hermana Thorpe (the one who was in the MTC with me) yesterday as well, and we got to visit a less active member who was in a hospital. Luckily for us she speaks English. Her dad who also is a less active member was there as well. I was praying that we would know how to talk with them, and that prayer was definitely answered. We found out their needs and talked with them about the enabling power of the atonement. The Spirit was there strong, but it was also amazing for me because it made me realize that I really can do missionary work! It´s cool to be able to see my own progression. 
   This Gospel is true. Christ lives, and our Heavenly Father loves us. 

Love you all!

Hermana Schmidt

No comments:

Post a Comment