Sunday, February 14, 2016

¡Soy una Madre!
    So I went over to Barcelona on Tuesday to pick up my new companion
that I would training. I loved being able to see my first area again!
Sadly I was not able to see any of my recent converts because I had to
stay the night in Badalona. We got to the mission home on Wednesday
morning and President Dayton talked to us on how to train. I was so
excited and nervous to meet my companion that I could barely even eat
when they brought out a cafe rio styled lunch. There were only three
new girls and so we got to know each of them during lunch time.
President then brought out his golden envelope and read off the names
of who would be training. He called my name and I pointed to where
Zaragoza is. He the said who would be my trainee... Hermana Humbert
from Germany! She is so cute! She is from Frankfurt and speaks little
English and very little Spanish. We have to repeat ourselves a lot in
order to understand one another, but we work well together and she is
getting used to daily missionary life.
    It's such a blessing that Hermana Humbert is here. On Sunday she
introduced herself in sacrament meeting and afterwards everyone was
coming up and greeting her. One member said that he had a friend who
spoke German and wanted us to teach her. Another member started
talking to my companion is German. Who knew that so many people had
some sort of relationship with Germany. I picked up on a few of the
things that the member was saying, but she tried talking to me in
German and expected me to understand it. I found that pretty funny
seeing as I'm here learning Spanish. I have learned a couple of German
phrases though.
    We had our Argentina investigator come to church today. She loved
it! We then went and visited her that night and she gave us a drink. I
asked her what she had in it and she said that there was some fruit
and a little bit of wine.... umm... I told her that we don't drink
alcohol and at first she was taken aback, but then we sat down and had
a really good lesson about the word of wisdom. We shared with her the
promise found on D&C 89 and she told us that she would not drink any
alcohol for two weeks and see if she could do better on her exams that
she will be having. Yes!!! Music to my ears! She seems to have just
completely changed since the one bad experience we had with her. It
reminds me of the scripture in Alma 26:27 “Now when our hearts were
depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted
us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with
patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.” We
decided to give her another chance and she is doing so well!
 We had such a great week! Hope you all are doing well!

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España





No comments:

Post a Comment