Sunday, February 14, 2016

¡Hola!
    This was Hermana Plant's last week in Zaragoza. We were all hoping
that she could go and see a different place of the mission because she
had been here for six months and it was only her first area. She's off
to Valencia and I'm happy for her but also sad she's gone. Her and I
together equaled a drama free companionship. Our district leader even
thanked us for not having drama. Hermana Plant and I really had so
much fun together and she is going to do so great in her next area!
I'm going to be training! I don't know who the girl is yet, and I
won't meet her until Wednesday, but I'm really excited to have the
opportunity to train someone! It was the end of the day on Saturday
night and my companion and I were in the tram via heading back to the
apartment. My companion joked about how I would be training and would
receive a phone call from president. I just laughed because I never
thought that would happen. I jokingly looked at the phone to show her
that there were no missed calls, but when doing so I realized we did
have two missed calls from president. My heart started to race and I
quickly called him back. He picked up the phone and asked if he was
talking with La Hermana Schmidt. He asked if I would like to train and
gladly accepted!
         I am in Barcelona, where I first started my mission, to pick
up my new companion. It's been about 7 months since I have been here
and it's crazy to think of all the things that have happened in that
time and the people I have met. I love it! This week we said a lot of
goodbyes and found a lot of new people to teach. Remember that
investigator that I told you all about last week? The one we thought
that we would never see again? Well, we felt like we needed to not
give up on her and set up a visit to meet. The lesson went really well
and this week she came to soccer at the church building on Saturday as
well as church on Sunday! And she loved it!
        One night we were passing by some people because we didn't
have any visits, and we passed by a reference we had received from a
member. The girl answered and let us come in. Miracle! We spoke in
English, which by the way it is so weird to give a lesson in English,
and she had the perfect questions! We are very excited to visit her
again.
      In Zaragoza they have another holiday called "Dia de San
Valero." It's traditional to eat a ring cake called a Roscón. The
night before we had a visit with a recent convert who is none and her
family. Our lesson was about prayer and how God is always listening
and also answers our prayers. The opening prayer was given by the
little sister who prayed for a Roscón. I was so touched by the
sincerity of her prayer that after we left I told my companion that we
were going to buy a Roscón for her family. We left it on their
doorstep, rung the doorbell and left. We heard them receive the Roscón
as we waited down the stairs of the apartment building. It felt so
good to be able to help them have a memorable holiday in Zaragoza.
       I hope you all have a fantastic week and are able to see the
tender mercies of the Lord each day.

Os Quiero,

Hermana Schmidt
Misión Barcelona España

No comments:

Post a Comment