Saturday, October 10, 2015

Hola everyone!
     What an amazing weekend it has been! Full of inspirational talks
given by men called of God to lead and guide us. I loved what I
learned and the answers I was able to receive as I listened to the
promptings of he spirit. The week leading up to conference was not too
crazy.
   I picked up my companion on Tuesday night and we did not get back
to Santander until Wednesday night. With all of he traveling and
climate change, my companion became sick and with president's guidance
we were told to stay in our apartment... This seems to happen to my
companions. Maybe God wants me to learn something from this. It seems
that almost every companion I have gets sick. Staying in the apartment
is not very fu, but Joseph B. Worthlin said, "come what may and love
it." So I took advantage of the time I had and studied as well as
getting to know my new companion.
    I was nervous to be the senior companion for the first time, but I
was blessed in every moment that I acted with faith. When we were able
to get out of our apartment and go to a visit we had, I was amazed at
how much I had learned and that, through following the spirits, we
could discern our investigators needs.
      I loved the challenges that Devin G. Durrant gave. The scripture
that I chose to "ponderize" this week is in 3 Nephi 5:13 "13 Behold, I
am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of
him to declare his word among his people, that they might have
everlasting life." I know that as disciples of Christ we can have many
challenges in our life, but it is those challenges that help us to
become better children of God who help bring others unto Christ so
that they might have everlasting life.
   I hope we all ponder what we have learned this weekend from our
prophet and other church leaders. I know that what they taught us is
true and that as we apply their teachings into our lives we will find
greater happiness in his life and in the life to come.

   I love you all,
Hermana Schmidt





No comments:

Post a Comment