Monday, September 14, 2015

Hey everyone!
      This week has been another week full of many wonderful experiences as well as sad ones. I will tell you sad the news first seeing as it pertains to our investigator, Edinson, who was going to be baptized on Saturday, but sadly did not reach his baptismal goal. On Tuesday, we went on splits because Hermana Rica was not feeling well. The member I was with was so great and stayed with me all day. We went to go visit Edinson and it was good because he knew the member whom I was with, but he seemed sad. I started to ask how he was doing, and he told me that he did not feel prepared to be baptized on Saturday. He said that he felt he needed to learn more, and even though the member, that was with me, and I tried to understand how he felt and help him feel that he really was prepared, he did not change his mind. We set up another visit with him on Thursday, but when Thursday came, he was not able to meet with us because of work. It was sad for us to see this, and maybe there is something that I could have done better to have helped Edinson, but we are not giving up on him. We will keep teaching him, and I know  that as he reads in the Book of Mormon and prays, he will be able to feel of he spirit testify of the truth and he will have a change of heart and feel prepared.
   Moving onto a lighter subject. My companion and I went to go visit a recent convert and his wife who is a member. He ended up not being there, but we stayed and visited with his wife for a little while. When we sat down on the couch, my companion yelped as she looked over to where the bird cage was. I looked over as well and saw that the poor bird was dead. The member hadn't even realized it. The poor bird probably died of loneliness. My companion got up and picked up the bird to really see if it was dead or not. It was dead. ¡Adiós pajarito! 
     My companion was also very sick and unfortunately we had to go to the hospital. We arrived in he emergency room at 3:45 and didn't get out until 9:15. The nurse had pushed the bed, that companion was laying on, into a hallway where we waited for two hours. My companion started to become hungry and wanted me to go buy a sandwich from the vending machine. So, I snuck out of the hallway and into the waiting room, quickly bought a tuna sandwich, and snuck back into the hallway with the sandwich smuggled into my purse. We had a pretty fun time as we were in the hospital.
      We had eight of our investigators come to church on Sunday. That was awesome. Two are from Africa and speak English, so I had to interpret the whole three hours of church. That was interesting because it was he first time I had ever done so. I need some practice, but the two of them really liked church and want to come again! 
     I love he fact that Heavenly Father is always watching over his children and that he knows each one of us personally and wants what is best for us. I know that he lives, and that he has created a perfect plan for us so that we can progress and become like him and receive all the blessings he has for us. I know that Christ is central in his plan and that it is through the Atonement of Christ that we are made clean. I know that as we apply the atonement into our daily lives, we will find more joy and peace in this life and in throughout eternity.
   I love you so much!
Hermana Schmidt
     



No comments:

Post a Comment